St. John's church was erected in 1874, and was consecrated by the Bishop of St. Asaph on 16 October 1878. At that time, it was a district church within the parish of Hanmer. It replaced a wooden chapel, which had been opened on 12 October 1851.
Bettisfield (Welsh: Llys Bedydd), in the former detached part of historic Flintshire, became a separate parish, within the Diocese of St. Asaph, on 24 January 1880.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Bettisfield page.