The ancient parish of Betws yn Rhos comprised the townships of Peniarth, Bodlyman, Maesegwig, Tre'rllan, Trofarth, and part of Cilcen.
St. Michael's church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254, as being part of the parish of Abergele.
The old church was demolished in 1838; and the foundation stone of the present building was laid on 19 July 1838.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Betws Gwerful Goch page.