Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Eglwysi
Churches

Colwyn Bay
Bae Colwyn
Colwyn Bay - St. Paul's Church
St. Paul
St. Pawl
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SH 850788
Listed:
Grade II*
Pre-1974 county:
Denbighshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Conwy

St. Paul's church was built over a number of years. The nave was consecrated on 13 July 1888; the chancel was consecrated on 7 April 1895; and the tower was dedicated on 12 November 1911.

The parish of Colwyn Bay (Welsh: Bae Colwyn) was created on 15 May 1893, from the townships of Llwytgoed, Rhiw, and part of Dinerth, which until then had been in the ancient parish of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos.

On 5 May 1900, Llwytgoed and part of Rhiw were transferred to the new parish of Bryn-y-Maen.


Colwyn Bay - St. David's Church
St. David
Dewi Sant
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SH 850788
Listed:
Grade II
Pre-1974 county:
Denbighshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Conwy

St. David's church was intended for the use of the Welsh-speaking worshippers. The foundation stone was laid on 19 May 1902 (Whit Monday), and the church was dedicated on St. David's Day, 1 March 1903.

St. Paul's, the parish church, can be seen on the right of the photograph.


St. Andrew's Church
St. Andrew
Sant Andreas
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SH 841793
Listed:
-
Pre-1974 county:
Denbighshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Conwy

St. Andrew's serves the westerly end of the parish of Colwyn Bay. The foundation stone was laid on 2 November 1908.


For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Colwyn Bay page.


Diweddarwyd y tudalen ddiwethaf 1af Awst 2014 - This page was last revised 1st August 2014
Hawlffraint © 2014 Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd - Copyright © 2014 Clwyd Family History Society

ELUSEN GOFRESTREDIG RHIF 512068 - REGISTERED CHARITY 512068