St. Paul's church was built over a number of years. The nave was consecrated on 13 July 1888; the chancel was consecrated on 7 April 1895; and the tower was dedicated on 12 November 1911.
The parish of Colwyn Bay (Welsh: Bae Colwyn) was created on 15 May 1893, from the townships of Llwytgoed, Rhiw, and part of Dinerth, which until then had been in the ancient parish of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos.
On 5 May 1900, Llwytgoed and part of Rhiw were transferred to the new parish of Bryn-y-Maen.
• • •
For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Colwyn Bay page.