Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Clwyd Churches

Cynwyd
Cynwyd Parish Church
St. John the Evangelist
Sant Ioan yr Efengylwr
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SJ 057413
Listed:
-
Pre-1974 county:
Merionethshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Denbighshire

The 13th century parish church of All Saints in Llangar was abandoned in favour of the new church of St. John the Evangelist, which was built in the village of Cynwyd, and was consecrated on 5 August 1856.

• • •

For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Llangar page.


This page was last revised 26 June 2014
Copyright © 2014 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068