Dyserth is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, comprising the townships of Dyserth, Llewerllyd, Rhyd and Trecastell.
The church has had two different dedications - formerly to St. Cwyfan, whose cross stands on the border of the parish with Whitford; and currently to St. Bridget (or St. Ffraid).
The church was mentioned in the Domesday book and had become very dilapidated by the 19th century. It was extensively restored/rebuilt by Sir Gilbert Scott between 1873 and 1875.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Dyserth page.