Halkyn (Welsh: Helygain) is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, comprising the townships of Hendrefigillt, Lygan y Llan and Lygan y Wern.
On 27 June 1848, the township of Hendrefigillt went to the new parish of Rhesycae.
Although there has been a church at Halkyn for at least 1000 years, the present building dates only from 1878. The old church was demolished, and an entirely new building was erected a short distance away, the cost being met in full by the Duke of Westminster. The new church was consecrated on 29 October 1878.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Halkyn page.