The ancient parish comprised the townships of Bachgern, Bancar, Boderwog, Cae'r Fedwen, Cwmdylluan, Tre'r Llan, Llanerch Deuddwr, Rhiwbebyll, Speddyd and Ystrad.
The church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The present building is believed to date from the fifteenth century. It was restored in 1877, and re-opened on 5 March 1878
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llandyrnog page.