Mold is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, and originally comprised the twenty-five townships of Arddunwent, Argoed, Birchenald, Bistre, Broncoed, Cilrhedynnen, Groesonnen, Gwernaffield, Gwernymynydd, Gwysanau, Hartsheath, Hendebifa, Leeswood, Llai, Llong, Llwynegrin, Nercwys, Pantymwyn, Pontbleiddyn, Pentre, Rhual, Rhydgoli, Tre'r Beirdd, Treuddyn and Waunyrwyddfid.
On 23 May 1844, the new parish of Bistre was created, from the township of Bistre and part of the township of Argoed.
On the same date, the new parish of Gwernaffield was created from the townships of Gwernaffield and Hendrebifa; and the new parish of Pontbleiddyn was created from the township of Hartsheath and part of the township of Leeswood.
On 27 May 1844, Nercwys was officially recognised as a separate parish, comprising the townships of Nercwys and Arddunwent.
In 1865, part of the township of Gwysanau went to the new parish of Rhydymwyn.
St. Mary's church has a history of at least 700 years - the list of known Clergy dates back to 1253. The building has been extensively repaired and restored, especially in 1773 and 1857.
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Mold page.