Whitford is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire. It originally comprised the nine townships of Bychton, Ednywain (or Trefednywain), Maesbledrys, Mertyn Isglan, Mertyn Uwch Glan, Tre'rabad, Tre'r Llan (or Whitford Lan), Tre Mostyn and Whitford Garn.
On 23 May 1844, the townships of Bychton and Mertyn Isglan, and part of the township of Tre Mostyn, went to the new parish of Mostyn.
On 19 August 1853, part of the township of Mertyn Uwch Glan went to the new parish of Gorsedd.
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Whitford page.