Bersham

Home > Churches > Bersham

Exterior photograph of Berse (Bersham) church

-

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 317509

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Wrexham

The church at Berse (or Bersham) was built in 1742 by Mrs Mary Drelincourt, in connection with a charity school for 24 girls. It was consecrated on 13 September 1759, enlarged in 1828, and restored in 1862. There were further modifications in 1930.

It does not have a dedication, and is simply known as "The Parish Church, Berse".

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Berse page.



Churches