Bettisfield

Home > Churches > Bettisfield

Exterior photograph of Bettisfield church

St. John

Sant Ioan

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 461360

Listed:

Grade II*

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire (detached)

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Wrexham

St. John's church was erected in 1874, and was consecrated by the Bishop of St. Asaph on 16 October 1878. At that time, it was a district church within the parish of Hanmer. It replaced a wooden chapel, which had been opened on 12 October 1851.

Bettisfield (Welsh: Llys Bedydd), in the former detached part of historic Flintshire, became a separate parish, within the Diocese of St. Asaph, on 24 January 1880.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Bettisfield page.



Churches