Cefn - Cefn Meiriadog

Home > Churches > Cefn - Cefn Meiriadog

Exterior photograph of Cefnmeiriadog church

St. Mary

Santes Fair

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 018715


Grade II

Pre-1974 county:


1974 to 1996 county:


Post-1996 county:


The foundation stone of St. Mary's church was laid in March 1863, and the church was consecrated by Bishop Short, of St. Asaph, on 3 September 1864. Almost all the stonework was quarried, and worked, on the site.

The new parish of Cefn was created on 7 February 1865. It comprised the two townships of Wigfair and Meiriadog (both in Denbighshire), which had until then been in the parish of St. Asaph in Flintshire

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Cefn Meiriadog page.