Cynwyd

Home > Churches > Cynwyd

Exterior photograph of Cynwyd church

St. John the Evangelist

Sant Ioan yr Efengylwr

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 057413

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Merionethshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

The 13th century parish church of All Saints in Llangar was abandoned in favour of the new church of St. John the Evangelist, which was built in the village of Cynwyd, and was consecrated on 5 August 1856.

• • •

For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Llangar page.


Churches