Glyndyfrdwy

Home > Churches > Glyndyfrdwy

Exterior photograph of Glyndyfrdwy church

St. Thomas

Sant Tomos

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 151426

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Merionethshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

The new parish of Glyndyfrdwy was created on 20 November 1866, from the townships of Carrog, Mwstwr, and Tir Llanerch (all of which had until then been in the parish of Corwen); and portions of Bonwm and Rhagat.

The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 5 May 1858, and it was consecrated on 9 November 1859.

 

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Corwen page.


Churches