Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd

Home > Churches > Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd

Exterior photograph of Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd church

St. Peter

Sant Pedr

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 144594

Listed:

Grade II*

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

The ancient parish comprised the four townships of Llwynedd, Treganol, Trerhiwiau, and Trebod Elgar.

The old church, which was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254, was demolished in 1862; and the new church, a few hundred yards away, was opened in 1863.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd page.


Churches