Llandyrnog

Home > Churches > Llandyrnog

Exterior photograph of Llandyrnog church

St. Tyrnog

Sant Tyrnog

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 108651

Listed:

Grade II*

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

The ancient parish comprised the townships of Bachgern, Bancar, Boderwog, Cae'r Fedwen, Cwmdylluan, Tre'r Llan, Llanerch Deuddwr, Rhiwbebyll, Speddyd and Ystrad.

The church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The present building is believed to date from the fifteenth century. It was restored in 1877, and re-opened on 5 March 1878

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llandyrnog page.


Churches