Home > Churches > Llanfynydd

Exterior photograph of Llanfynydd church

St. Michael

Sant Mihangel

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 279567



Pre-1974 county:


1974 to 1996 county:


Post-1996 county:


The parish of Llanfynydd was created on the 7th February 1845, out of the townships of Uwchmynydd Ucha, Uwchmynydd Isa, and part of Cymau, which had all been in the parish of Hope until that time.

In 1880, part of the township of Uwchmynydd Ucha was transferred to the new parish of Bwlchgwyn in Denbighshire.

Christ Church was consecrated in October 1843. It was badly damaged by fire on 4 December 1892, and the Marriage and Burial registers were destroyed

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llanfynydd page.