Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant St Dogfan

Home > Churches > Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant St Dogfan

Exterior photograph of Llanrhaeadr y Mochnant St Dogfan church

St. Dogfan

Sant Dogfan

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 124260

Listed:

Grade II*

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Powys

According to Archdeacon Thomas, the parish at one time included the Denbighshire parishes of Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr, Llangadwaladr, Llangedwyn and part of Montgomeryshire parish of Llanwddyn.

Before the administrative re-organisation of 1974, the parish of Llanrhaeadr yn Mochnant consisted the Denbighshire townships of Banhadla Ucha, Banhadla Isa, Gartheryr, Henfachau, Trebrys Fawr, Trebrys Fach, Trefeiliw, Tre'r-Llan and Tre-Wern; and the Montgomeryshire townships of Abermarchnant, Brithdir, Castellmoch, Cefn Coch, Glanhafon Fach, Glanhafon Fawr and Nantfyllon.

St. Dogfan's church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. It was restored between 1879 and 1882.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant page.


Churches