Llay

Home > Churches > Llay

Exterior photograph of Llay church

St. Martin

Sant Marthin

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 333557

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Wrexham

The foundation stone of St. Martin's was laid on Sunday, 11 November 1923, and the church was consecrated on Saturday, 21 February 1925. At that time, it was a district church within the parish of Gresford.

Llay became a parish of the Church in Wales on 13 December 1944. It was formed from the township of Llay, and parts of the townships of Burton, Gresford, and Marford & Hoseley, which, until then, been in the parish of Gresford.

 

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llay page.


Churches