Prion

Home > Churches > Prion

Exterior photograph of Prion church

St. James

Sant Iago

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 047618S

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

The parish of Prion was created on 23 January 1860 (and extended on 22 February 1879), out of the ancient parish of Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch. It comprises the townships of Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch, Prion and Trefydd Bychain; and portions of the townships of Llewesog, Segroit Ucha, Segroit Isa, and Cader.

St. James's church was consecrated on 25 August 1859.

St. James's church closed in 2008.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Prion page.


Churches