Rhyl Holy Trinity

Home > Churches > Rhyl Holy Trinity

Exterior photograph of Rhyl Holy Trinity church

Holy Trinity

Y Drindod Sanctaidd

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 009815

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

Holy Trinity church was initially a chapel of ease to the parish church of Rhuddlan. It was consecrated on 19 May 1836.

Rhyl became a separate parish on the 23rd May 1844, and Holy Trinity became the parish church. The church was extended in 1850, 1852, 1869, 1891 and 1897.

In the photograph of Holy Trinity, the tower of St. Thomas's church can be seen in the background.

• • •

For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GENUKI Rhyl page.


Churches