Rhyl St John

Home > Churches > Rhyl St John

Exterior photograph of Rhyl St John church

St. John

Sant Ioan

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 004810

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Denbighshire

Rhyl became a separate parish on the 23rd May 1844, having previously been part of the parish of Rhuddlan

The foundation stone of St. John's was laid on 6 August 1885; and the first service was held on 10 June 1887. The church was consecrated during Easter 1890.

On 12 February 1937, St. John's was granted a licence to conduct marriages.

In 1997, a survey reported that urgent, and costly, repair work was necessary. The Church authorities decided to declare the building redundant; and the final service was conducted on 28 December 1997.

• • •

For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GENUKI Rhyl page.


Churches