St George

Home > Churches > St George

Exterior photograph of St George church

St. George

Sant Siôr

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SH 974758

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Conwy

 

St. George has also been known as Kegidog, or Cegidog. It is one of the ancient parishes of Denbighshire, comprising the townships of Cegidog Uchaf, Cegidog Isaf, Dinorben, and Meifod.

In 1873, part of the township of Cegidog Isaf went to the new parish of Towyn.

A church at St. George was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The church was re-built in 1893, and was consecrated on 19 December 1893.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI St. George page.



Churches