Colwyn Bay - St Andrew

Home > Churches > Colwyn Bay - St Andrew

Exterior photograph of Colwyn Bay - St Andrew church

St. Andrew

Sant Andreas

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SH 841793

Listed:

-

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Conwy

The parish of Colwyn Bay (Welsh: Bae Colwyn) was created on 15 May 1893, from the townships of Llwytgoed, Rhiw, and part of Dinerth, which until then had been in the ancient parish of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos.

On 5 May 1900, Llwytgoed and part of Rhiw were transferred to the new parish of Bryn-y-Maen.

St. Andrew's served the westerly end of the parish of Colwyn Bay. The foundation stone was laid on 2 November 1908.  The Chancel, organ chamber and vestry were added in 1925.

St. Andrew's church closed in October 2013.  Services continue to be held at St. Paul's parish church.

• • •

For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Colwyn Bay page.


Churches