Connah's Quay

Home > Churches > Connah's Quay

Exterior photograph of Connahs Quay church

St. Mark

Sant Marc

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 291699

Listed:

II

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Flintshire

St. Mark's church was consecrated on 16 August 1837. Initially it was a district church within the parish of Northop. The parish of Connah's Quay (Welsh: Cei Connah) was created on 31 January 1844, from the townships of Wepre, Golftyn, Kelsterton, Leadbrook Major and Leadbrook Minor (all formerly in the parish of Northop).

In 1872, the townships of Leadbrook Major and Leadbrook Minor were transferred to the parish of Flint.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Connah's Quay page.




Churches