Betws Yn Rhos

Hafan > Eglwysi > Betws Yn Rhos

Llun allanol o eglwys Betws yn Rhos

SAESNEG YN UNIG.

St. Michael

Sant Mihangel

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SH 907735

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Conwy

The ancient parish of Betws yn Rhos comprised the townships of Peniarth, Bodlyman, Maesegwig, Tre'rllan, Trofarth, and part of Cilcen.

St. Michael's church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254, as being part of the parish of Abergele.

The old church was demolished in 1838; and the foundation stone of the present building was laid on 19 July 1838.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Betws Gwerful Goch page.


Eglwysi