Erbistock

Hafan > Eglwysi > Erbistock

SAESNEG YN UNIG.

St. Hilary

Sant Hilary

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 356413

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Wrexham

Erbistock is an ancient parish of Denbighshire (although a small part of the parish was in Flintshire, owing to a change in course of the River Dee, which formed the county boundary).

The church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254, and at that time was dedicated to St. Erbin. A new church was built about 1748. The present building, which is dedicated to St. Hilary, was constructed in 1860/1861.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Erbistock page.


Eglwysi