Nannerch

Hafan > Eglwysi > Nannerch

Llun allanol o eglwys Nannerch

SAESNEG YN UNIG.

St. Michael

Sant Mihangel

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 166696

Listed:

Grade II*

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Flintshire

Nannerch is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, comprising the townships of Trellan, Trefechan, Trecwm and Tre Penbedw (the latter was in Denbighshire until the county boundary was moved in 1897).

The old church, which was dedicated to St. Mary, was demolished in 1852, and a new building was erected on the same site. The new church, which is dedicated to St. Michael and All Angels, was consecrated on 29 September 1853.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Nannerch page.


Eglwysi