Shotton

Hafan > Eglwysi > Shotton

Llun allanol o eglwys Shotton

SAESNEG YN UNIG.

St. Ethelwold

Sant Ethelwold

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 310686

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Flintshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Flintshire

The parish of Shotton was created on 30 May 1921, from parts of the townships of Shotton, Aston, Sealand and Saltney; all of which had been in the parish of Hawarden until that time.

St. Ethelwold's church was consecrated on 7 August 1902, replacing a combined school and chapel which had been opened on 12 February 1875.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Shotton page.


Eglwysi