Llangadwaladr

Hafan > Eglwysi > Llangadwaladr

Llun allanol o eglwys Llangadwaladr

SAESNEG YN UNIG.

St. Cadwaladr

Sant Cadwaladr

Ordnance Survey Reference:

SJ 182303

Listed:

Grade II

Pre-1974 county:

Denbighshire

1974 to 1996 county:

Clwyd

Post-1996 county:

Powys

The ancient parish comprised the townships of Tre'r Llan, Tregeiriog, and Nantyr. These two latter townships were entirely detached, lying north of the river Ceiriog, and surrrounded by the parishes of Llansilin, Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog and Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog.

The church was mentioned in the Lincoln Taxation of 1291 as "Bettws Kadwaladr", a chapelry of Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant. The building was restored in 1840 and 1883.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llangadwaladr page.


Eglwysi